Home  smcdsbsch  Newsletter  St. Charles Catholic School  November 5 Weekly Updates an...

November 5 Weekly Updates and Information
Published on Nov 3, 2018 09:01

We had spooktacular week at St. Charles, our staff and students certainly got into the Halloween spirit and had a great time doing so!  I ask that parents please limit the amount of sugary treats sent to school, it’s best for both body and mind to be fueled with healthy snacks and meals.

If you haven’t already done so, be sure to sign up for Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences using School-Day.  Call the office if you are experiencing any difficulties.

~ Ms. Medve-Racine

Chocolate Fundraiser

I can’t begin to thank our school community enough for all of their hard work and generosity with our chocolate fundraiser!  The final numbers are not yet in, but we will have raised close to $5000!

As voted on by our Catholic School Community Council, 60% of this money will go toward CSCC’s annual commitments and purchasing items to support learning both in and out of the classroom, in particular technology and their accessories.  The remaining 40% will be saved to outfit the chapel of our new school. We will update the school community on final numbers regarding funds raised as soon as it comes available. On behalf of all of our students who will benefit from these items, thank you.  Way to go Crusaders!

We have 14 boxes of chocolates left in stock.  If you are interested in purchasing chocolate for yourself or to sell please contact the office.  We ask that families pay for any chocolate upon pick-up. Chocolate can be purchased by the bar or the box.  

Upcoming Events in Bradford

Please click the link below to read all about what is happening in and around Bradford.  A big thanks to our parent council Community Rep for collecting and sharing this great information!

Upcoming Community Events - November.pdf

Dressing for the Weather

With the winter weather almost upon us please make sure your children are dressed appropriately for the winter conditions. Hat, mitts or gloves, and snow pants and boots are necessary. Students are outside for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the afternoon.

Upcoming Dates

November 7 Feast Day School Mass

November 12 Remembrance Day Ceremony - Time TBD

November 12 CSCC Commissioning Mass at St. Joan of Arc - 6pm

November 13 Picture Retake Day

November 14 Progress Reports Go Home

November 14 Gr. 8 Students visit Holy Trinity

November 14 - 19 Book Fair

November 15 Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews - 3:30 - 8:00 pm

November 16 PA Day - Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews - 8:45 am - 3:00 pm

November 21 Rosary Apostolate Visit

November 21 Boys and Girls Volleyball Tournament

December 19 School Christmas Concert